We offer two versions of our PortToPort software:
- PortToPort Online provides access to the AtoBviaC Marine Distance Tables over the internet.
- Our cost effective annual subscriptions are priced based on the number of distance calculations rather than the number of users.
- PortToPort Desktop can be installed on a Windows PC and provides offline access to the AtoBviaC Marine Distance Tables.
- Annual subscriptions are based on individual computer licences rather than a number of distance calculations.
AtoBviaC Web Service
The AtoBviaC Web Service allows the Distance Tables to be integrated into other applications. It is available as an annual subscription with pricing based on the number of distance calculations required.
The AtoBviaC Routing Component is a software component, providing offline access to distances and routes from the comprehensive AtoBviaC route network.
Distance Tables Matrices
If your requirement is limited to a relatively small subset of distances between specific ports then a Distance Tables Matrix is likely to suit your needs.
All the Marine Distance Tables products from AtoBviaC include the following features:
- fully respect all mandatory and recommended traffic separation schemes (as a result, the distance between ports A and B is not necessarily the same as from B to A)
- allow the user to change the routing between ports
- include comprehensive coverage of oil, dry bulk, gas and container ports
- deliver the shortest reduced environmental impact route as a default
- use industry approved formulae for calculating the distances for Rhumb Line and Great Circle distances
- determine the exact position of both the starting and ending point of a voyage – in a large port this will be a central safe position within the port; for an offshore terminal it will be the waiting area for that terminal; for a single berth it will be a position just off the berth
- allow the selection of a range of voyage legs permitting Pilot to Pilot distances to be obtained including comprehensive coverage of oil, dry bulk, gas and container ports
- offer the flexibility to export your results to PDF, to spreadsheet or directly to a printer
- offers the ability to calculate distances within ECA (Emission Control Area) zones
and provide a graphical display of:
- Loadlines – Shows international loadline zones and calculates distances within the zones
- Emission Control Areas –Shows currently in force and shortly to be implemented ECAs and calculates distances within those areas
- Marpol – identifies special areas as defined by the Marpol convention
- JWC Piracy – displays the latest Joint War Committee recommendations on Piracy, Terrorism and Related Perils
The Distance Tables are updated and expanded regularly to add new ports and to adjust routes and distances to reflect changes in regulations, IMO Ships' Routeing, non-IMO routing schemes, Notices to Mariners and environmental factors. We issue new releases every two to three months.
The Online Distance Tables are automatically updated to use the latest version of the Distance Tables whenever a new release is made, ensuring that subscribers always have access to current distance data.
Users of our PC based PortToPort software receive updates at no additional cost as part of the annual license fee. Updates are downloaded and installed over the internet.
List of Ports
The list of ports contained in the Tables can be viewed on this website. The list contains the country, port codes and alternative names for each port.
View Ports List